Call for Posters
The European Data Forum 2016 will take place on June 29th-30th, 2016 at the Evoluon, Eindhoven, the Netherlands. This year’s theme is:
Scaling up the European data economy
The European Data Forum (EDF) is one of the key European events for industry professionals, researchers, policy makers, and members of community initiatives to discuss the challenges and opportunities of data-driven innovation in Europe. The Forum will address all facets of data-driven innovation: infrastructure, tools, applications (including, new products and services reaching out to multilingual European audiences) as well as societal and economic impact.
This event is relevant for all stakeholders involved in the data value chain: engage with a carefully selected mix of cutting-edge innovative industrial applications of Big Data technologies, to upcoming innovation breakthroughs. Be on top of on-going policy debates and get inspired by future-looking talks. Ideas exchanged at the European Data Forum have impact on the design of future research challenges and policy decisions both at the EU and Member State level. This will drive data-driven innovation further and strengthen the European data economy as well as enhancing its positioning worldwide.
The EDF2016 conference will consist of three parallel tracks comprising: more than 40 talks by executive level leaders, an exhibition and poster presentations. More than 600 visitors are expected. This audience consists of big data professionals from industry, academia and policy makers as well as talent from the organizing universities.
EDF2016 is organized by the Data Science Center Eindhoven of the Eindhoven University of Technology in cooperation with Amsterdam Data Science and the European Commission.
EDF2016 is part of the Dutch presidency of the EU in 2016.
This year the topics are divided over several application areas/industries:
- agro food
- education and skills
- smart industry
- urban smart living
- and a session with unique, special and exotic talks
EDF 2016 will be held in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, on June 29-30, 2016. The program will consist of a mixture of presentations, panels and networking sessions by industry, academics, policy makers, and community initiatives. Topics will cover a wide spectrum of research and technology development, applications, and socio-economic aspects of the data value chain, with a particular attention at exploiting data integration.
We welcome several types of posters:
- In-use poster: Posters with a practical, industry- or user-oriented focus by representatives of technology providers, adopters, and user organizations. Innovative data applications in different sectors of the European Economy: agro food, automotive, education and skills, healthcare, media, policy, smart industry, urban smart living, and others.
- Research poster: Posters with a technical focus reporting concrete experiences by representatives of academia and research centres. This includes new data models and languages, optimized architectures, content analytics, data mining, blind data analytics, predictive analytics, deep data, predictive models, semantic technologies & the web of data, language resources and technologies, geospatial data techniques, visual analytics, sensemaking of big data, ubiquitous computing and augmented reality as well as adaptive systems for contextualization and personalization.
- Impact poster: Posters with a specific focus on impact-creation activities including policy development, road-mapping, standardisation, exploitation and training, data-driven business models, legal issues, privacy and Data Literacy Policies and the European regulatory framework, Data Governance (Security, Provenance, and Anonymization), Socio-economic and policy issues of Open Data.
Each proposal for a poster presentation will have to provide the following information:
- Contributor names and short CVs
- Corresponding author
- Title of the poster
- Topic area
- Summary of the poster (<100 words)
- Concept version of the poster in A0 portrait format (PDF)
Proposals for posters should be submitted through the following website:
Proposals will be reviewed by the Organizing Committee of EDF 2016 according to their relevance to the scope and purpose of the event.
Submission deadline: May 15 (hard deadline!)
Notification: May 31
EDF2016 Poster session: June 29 & 30, Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Note: presenters are requested to print & bring their own glossy posters in A0 format and be present at the posters during the coffee and lunch breaks during both days.
Further Information about the European Data Forum 2016
EDF2016 website: https://2016.data-forum.eu/
EDF2016 registration: https://www.aanmelder.nl/edf2016/
Overall EDF website: http://www.data-forum.eu/
LinkedIn Group: http://bit.ly/linkedin-EDF
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/EUDataForum hashtag: #EDF2016
Free of charge attendance
Who should attend? Industry, academia, policy-makers, decision-takers, civil society
What is happening? Prestigious speakers, European Data Innovator Award 2016, Exhibitions and demos, Poster session, Gala Dinner, Satellite events
For more details, please visit the conference website: https://2016.data-forum.eu and register here.
See the full @EUDataForum Timeline
Read Tweets from the EDF2016 Community